Friday, March 20, 2009

Week in the life... music, shopping and potty time!

First, I must tell you , or show you actually, the proof - this kid likes corned beef - check it out! We were lucky enough to meet up with our friend Nicole, and her two adorable kids, Hayden and Grace (Grace was born just 1 month after Abby!). We had fun walking the mall and having lunch with them, and the kids had a ball playing peek a boo in the clothing rounds at the Carters store Mommy went to work on Tuesday and Abby headed to her new daycare - which turned out great! I hope Morgan eases into the new place just as easy. Then, well, time for play on Wednesday! Every wednesday morning, Morgan, Abby and I go to her Kindermusik class - which she shines in. It's so adorable watching her try to keep the beat, interact with the other kids and listen to her teacher, Ms. Jenny. She loves everything about music class, EXCEPT, the slow, settle down songs, she thinks it's night-night time and gets upset about it, but she is learning. Here's a quick video of her & the other kids exploring some instruments.
Music class is on spring break for the next 2 weeks, then we start all new songs & have new instruments, and thankfully, a new CD to listen to at home!! (I was getting pretty tired of the HIckory Dickory Dock song). Bernie had a great day with the girls today, although Abby has been feeling a bit under the weather, he handled her fussy-spit up well and even gave both the girls a bath. I took Abby upstairs this evening to change her diaper, and I could hear Bernie adn Morgan coming up the stairs, when she walked in Abby's room, she had on no pants and no diaper? Bernie said, "tell mommy what you just did downstairs" and she replied "potty"! She told Bernie that she wanted to go potty and went in to the bathroom, so he took off her diaper and put her on the potty. She just sat there for a bit, but well, it's a first step!This of course was very impressive and she was very proud of herself and had to march upstairs and tell mommy all about it (still bare butt!!!). She even tried to demonstrate by sitting on the foot stool. We promptly got out the potty and put it back together (from the move) - she was VERY involved in this process, and as the photos and video show, she likes the idea of using the potty. I'm sure she will hate me for this later, but it's too damn cute, not to share...

No comments: