Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Adventures from Tiny Town

Bernie and I had the very rare day on Monday of both having the day off - so we packed up the kids and where out of the house by 9:30am and headed to the foothills to Tiny Town - a miniatures town, which was started in 1915.



It has several miniature buildings, set up like a small town, and a small train that runs around the whole village. Morgan LOVED the train ride with her daddy, while Abby and I cheered them on. We checked out the village, then packed up and headed to Evergreen Lake.


I had just been there on Saturday for a memorial service of a former colleague that passed away from Ovarian Cancer. It was such a beautiful setting for such a vibrant person, that I really wanted to share the site with Bernie and the kids - we headed up to a restaurant deck and had lunch and just enjoyed the beautiful views. As has been typical of Colorado summer this year, it started to rain on us - we made it through lunch under our umbrella and then headed back to Denver. The kids quickly fell asleep in the car - actually Morgan told us "mommy - i take a night night in car - otay?" - so we said yes, Morgan, that would be a great idea - she is getting SO BIG! I wish I could stop time right now - she is a riot. Abby's not short on entertainment - she was "talking" and blowing bubbles all through lunch and was very distracting to the business people having lunch at the table near us - whatever - they are kids!

Abby takes it all in strides though, here she is when we got back - just "chillin" in her high chair - she did this pose on her own by the way - we didn't put her arm up there like that!

No comments: