We had a great time at Kevin & Janet's on Christmas Eve for the O'Brien family gathering - Morgan was so pooped out that she fell asleep on the couch; Abby on the other hand kept wanting to go outside to look for Santa - she kept hearing the "gingle bells" of his slay.
Morgan woke on Christmas morning and didn't even remember what day it was. I asked her if she remembered the party that we went to the night before and what we were celebrating. Then honestly, it was like a light bulb went off - it was SO cool. She freaked out, OH MY GOSH, it's Christmas, we have to go downstairs to see if Santa came! I reminded her that Abby was still sleeping (7:15am) and she immediately ran in Abby's room to wake her up! After I headed down to start coffee and make a few finishing touches, we allowed the girls to come downstairs.
They saw the fireplace open and just KNEW that Santa had come. Skipped opening the stockings and headed right for the tree. It was too overwhelming for words - this year Santa wrapped the girls presents separate, Abby had very shiny and sparkly Mickey paper and Morgan had shiny princess paper. There were a few presents not wrapped - Abby immediately went to her new Lion King stuffed animal, Simba and her new tricycle. !
Morgan ripped through the clothes and tossed them aside like they were carrot sticks or something - totally not interested - (until later when we asked her to do some fashion show business). But Morgan loved her Ariel CD, jewelry box, and cooking tools. Oh, also since Abby had her tricycle inside, Morgan wanted hers inside too, so we had to clean it up and bring it in for "hot laps" around the living room, kitchen, dining room and hall.
I have looked through these pictures several times now, and just keep smiling - I can't imagine what it will be like as the girls get bigger and bigger! Thank you everyone for your generous, thoughtful and caring gifts - Bernie and I truly appreciate your generosity towards our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment