She arrived at 2:58pm, weighing 7lbs 4ozs and was 21 inches long.
Here's the quick version of what happened, if you are interested...
Bernie and I timed contractions from midnight to 2am on Monday night, arrived at the hospital at 3am on Tuesday morning and it was progress, progress from there. For all my girl friends out there- take the Epidural option! It was a HUGE help. Once they broke my water, I was making good progress, but not great, so I was given pitocin and an epidural amd at around 2pm I started pushing and out she came - so fast in fact that the doctor didn't make it to the room. Our room was filled with 5 very well qualified nurses who took great care of us. Bernie was an AMAZING coach. I only had to yell at him once. We both cried of course and were totally overwhelmed by the miracle of this this amazing little life. She is breastfeeding like a champ already and can't wait to meet all her family and friends!
Can you believe all that hair???? She has a little button nose, chubby cheaks, daddy's ears, long fingers and toes and the most amazingly thick head of brown hair with little curls.
More pictures and some video coming soon.
4 comments:
Congratulations!!!!
She is beautiful, precious, adorable, and all other adjectives that don't come to mind.
It sounds like it was a long labor to get her here, you are a champ Kayce! and kudos to Bernie for being a great coach!
God bless your family!!
The Ozga's in Miami
Congratulations!!!She is adorable, beautiful, precious and alll other adjectives that don't come to mind. It sounds like it was a long labor to get her here, you are a champ Kayce! kudos to Bernie for being a great coach.
God bless your family
The Ozga's in Miami
Wow!! Congratulations, guys!! Just what we needed, another O'Brien. Hope all is well, keep posting those photos and some videos as well. Talk about a head of hair!! Morgan obviously takes after her Grandpa Bernie and Pop Pop Pop!!
-Chris
Yea! Call me when you get home because I would like to come over and visit. She sure is beautiful.
~trish
Post a Comment