Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Mommy runs away.... to california


Well not really, but Bernie was very supportive and let me go to California with Kelli for a long weekend - and his mom came in town to help take care of the girls. I was gone from Thursday morning to Sunday night and I missed my family every minute - although "sampling" over 100 wines helped ease the pain.




Kelli and I visited Sonoma and Napa, and while we were there, we were lucky enough to go to the Pigs & Pinot event in Healdsburg and got to meet 2 of last year's Top Chef contestants (Kevin Gillespie & Brian Voltagio, Charlie Palmer, and Tyler Florence. We were invited by Kell's new friend Daryl Groom (of Australia's Groom Vineyard - he's the owner and winemaker) - so we were lucky enough to be guided through over 100 Pinot Noir's and were able to taste some really amazing wine - and some really amazing pork dishes!!!

It was a real renewal time for me and truly gave me the chance to realize how blessed I am to have such an amazing family, and how truly fast the kids grow. So thank you to Kelli for letting me come along, to mom and dad for putting the trip together, to Bernie, Morgan, Abby and Mollie for holding down the fort.

No comments: