Wednesday, March 30, 2011

March update

I've owed you all pictures from St Patricks parade so here ya go..... The girls had a great time with our buddies, Cathy, Jake, Nathan and Maggie.
It was a little chilly but the girls really hung in there with their kilts! They loved dancing and getting beads from the parade.
I just know that I am going to spend hours at dance classes and sitting on parade routes watching Morgan & Abby doing irish step dancing!!! And will need a bunch of step stools and mixing bowls - as my little kitchen helpers are always eager to help mom and dad in the kitchen! While watching this, check out the music in the background! (Stir it Up by Bob Marley)
This past Saturday we all headed to Manitou Springs for a day outing - it's located just west of Colorado Springs - so about an hour and 15 min drive from our place. A really quaint town - with cute restaurants and shops. We found an awesome pizza place where Abby proceded to eat basically an entire NY style slice of cheese pizza. It was hilarious - she kept saying "yummmmm, this is my fabowit!" (actually now a pretty common response when she is eating something she really likes). After a quick walk about town, we drove over to Seven Falls. Can't really describe it more than what's in the name! The girls really liked going through the tunnel to get to the Mountain Elevator, where we took this great picture of the girls with Bernie in the stroller. Behind them you can see the 7-tier waterfall. It was actually nostalgic going to Seven Falls since I had been there several times before with my grandparents when we would travel to Colorado in their motor home. Actually a nice homage to my grandmother, since she just passed away last week. I love how Morgan put her arms around Abigail to take this picture!

No comments: