Sunday, April 3, 2011

Disney Princesses on Ice




It's April 3rd - Happy Birthday Mollie! And holy crud, it's snowing outside!!! It was 75 degrees Friday and Saturday, warm outside our house this morning(Sunday)when we left for our show and sleeting when we came out - now it's snowing - seriously?


Well on to the show... today was such a great treat for the girls. Bernie and I told them last night before they went to bed that mommy was taking them to see a Princess show tomorrow - and they flipped out! Good little Abby went right to sleep but Morgan - oh my sweet Morgan - she would not stop talking for like 20 minutes - could not decide what she would wear and then asked " Mommy - can I wear my glasses tomorrow to show to the princesses?" - which just melted my heart. Then she told us"can I please take alien with me, he would like to meet the princesses too but he needs a costume too" - So Morgan woke up at 6:30am to make alien's costume -
by 7:15 he had a purple and pink sparkle tutu and purple crown - but then Morgan decided he should stay home to practice his ballet while she is at the show. On to the next project... Abby wanted to be Belle today but the dress was twice her size -so I was hemming at about 7:30 this morning - yes - very busy day.




After a lot of primping and prepping, off to the show we went!


This was the first show like this that they have been to, so it was SOOO much fun! We met up with our homie Karter and her mom Katie - and had great seats. The girls each picked out these huge light up princess scepter/wand thingies -and were truly mesmerized by the music, skaters, props - the whole deal. I was even entertained - it was a really cute show - and lasted almost 2 hours!

I was really impressed by how the girls' attention was held for so long - and it was adorable to watch them get excited and point, clap, cheer,boo the bad witches, sing and try to guess who was coming out next.


I thought Abby might get bored, but even at 2 1/2 she was truly amazed by the show.


Hopefully you enjoy all these great pictures - and yes - they quickly fell asleep in the car on the way home!

No comments: