Well hello! We've had a very busy summer and so I'm sorry I have not posted in a while. Since our camping trip (that last post), we have spent a TON of days at the pool! Morgan really built her confidence up this summer and started to put her face in the water. Abby is fearless, which is great, BUT, you really have to watch her at the pool - I think they are both going to be swimming by next summer! OK, now on to the updates.... At the beginning of August, I took the girls down to mom and dad's house in New Mexico for the 1st time. I can't even begin to tell you how much they loved exploring the house, the backyard, going for walks, and of course all the adventures that were planned!
These are from a trip to Alamagorda to the little zoo they have there and then at the Heart of the Desert Pistachio farm.
(notice the lack of animals in the pictures!)
Mom & Dad really wanted the girls to catch our dinner one day, so we went to the trout farm that I used to fish at when I was little. I'm not sure how much fishing they did (or my dad did!), BUT they thought it was really cool to actually catch something and were not even grossed out that we kept talking about eating them - and they were delicious! Abby ate 1/2 of an entire trout!
And of course we had to swim in the mountains too!!!
| So proud of my dad for splashing in the pool with us! |
What trip to New Mexico would be complete without a pony ride?
And there's more....We happened to be in town the week that there was going to be a butterfly release - it was a fundraiser for the area hospice - so it was nice to get to help support a local organization and really entertain the girls!
They are still talking about those big butterflies!
On our last day - 2 deer came really close and the girls fed them carrots!<
It was a fantastic little trip and I'm so glad the girls finally got to see New Mexico! All the adventures really made for a great trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment