Monday, June 25, 2007

The Great Outdoors & Doc Visit Update

The family went on a little outdoor adventure on Friday. Bernie and I both enjoyed a Friday off together and went up to Estes Park & Rocky Mountain National Park. We did a lot of site-seeing from the car and even drove up to about 11,000 ft on Trail Ridge Road. We were heading towards the Continental Divide to do some light hiking, but it started to sleet and snow! We drove back down to about 8K ft where the sun was out and took these pictures. Proof that prego was in the woods!


Doc visit on Thursday went well too. Everything looks good, but the doctor wants to do an ultrasound next week just to make sure she is growing at the right pace b/c of my lack of weight gain (I have struggled with my weight my entire adult life and yet somehow when I have "permission" to gain and gain, I can't do it! How bizarre is that!!!). I'm glad we are doing the ultrasound though, it will be fun to see how big she is now and yes, I will publish them here! Test results to share: glucose screen came back normal - no sign at all of gestational diabetes, RH negative - just means I have to get a shot this week to prevent antibody development.

Can't believe it is almost July and we are 29 weeks along! This time is really going so fast. I have to say, so far, I have really enjoyed being pregnant. I feel very lucky to have had such an easy time so far.

No comments: