Thursday, August 2, 2007

latest on baby...




Hi Everyone,
Well I must say that we will have the best dressed daughter in Colorado - thanks to all of our generous friends & family! The baby shower hosted by my girlfriends from work was incredible and I feel truly blessed to know so many people are excitted about meeting little miss o'brien! Her room is looking great, we just finished our last childbirth class and well, I think we are as ready as we can be to welcome her home. With that in mind, 6 more weeks and counting!!! Doctor's appt. went great today - heartbeat great, size great, still head down and mom gained another pound and a 1/2.
I think the dogs are starting to sense that something big is about to happen - they have been very needy lately and follow me all around the house. Reid is a big fan of the giant body pillow in the bed and is not shy about snuggling up to it!
I had an interesting encounter last night - as I was doing laundry I was watching a show about how Colorado is one of the worst states for lightning strikes and storms. I head upstairs and Finnegan and I almost jumped out of our skin as we heard a huge loud BOOM on the roof. I freaked out, could we have been struck by lightning? I looked outside and it was dark and starting to sprinkle - then I thought - weird - where is our umbrella for our patio table? I go outside and look around - not in the yard, look up on the roof and no kidding, the umbrella had landed on the roof!!! How the hell was I going to get it down? Bernie was at work, probably not a good idea for me to climb on a ladder, neighbor wasn't home - what do I do? Another big wind gust came and brought the umbrella down hard on the back patio, thankfully, I was inside with the dogs and no one was hurt - just a damaged umbrella, no big deal. Note to self - take down umbrella when it is windy!
Lots of you have asked about names - sorry folks - we still are not sharing that bit of info. If you have suggestions for first and middle names, we are still taking suggestions - please post your name ideas on the blog!!!

No comments: