Saturday, November 17, 2007

Sleep glorious sleep!!!

I can't event start this blog without first giving HUGE thanks to Paula, Richard & Tommy for the gift of the bundle me (which you will see below) and to Mollie for the swaddle me(also pictured below). You guys had no idea at the time of your gift what a huge impact your gifts would make, and neither did we. So why the additional thanks now? Well that would be for the 7 1/2 hour stretch of sleep I got last night!!!!! Then a quick feeding and another 4 hour stretch of sleep!!! How did this happen you ask? Read on...

Yesterday was a pretty typical day, although Morgan didn't really take any long naps, just a 1 hour one in the morning, and then two 1/2 hour naps in the afternoon, after our lunch up at Johnson & Wales. Tommy Rutt came over and I drove he and Bernie down to the Bluebird to see the band Cracker. The weather is starting to turn cold here, especially in the evening, so I wanted to make sure Morgan was all bundled up in her car seat...thus the bundle me(it's fuzzy, snuggly, soft and pink!). She fell asleep on the drive over at around 7:30pm.
I left her in the car seat (no not in the car, in the house) when I got back home and just let her sleep. As is custome in our house, I tried to catch up on some sleep while she was out. She started to cry a bit which woke me up and to my surprise it was 3AM !!!! I couldn't believe it, I thought I was delirious looking at the clock, there is no way it could have been so late. I fed her, changed her diaper and she was just smiling and talking and wide awake. OK, I get it, here is the curse of the long sleep period, she wants to start her day at 3:30 in the morning. No way, I'm not ready yet. So I wrapped her up in the swaddle me and to sleep she went, with NO binky. I was so excited I went downstairs and woke up Bernie (he had fallen asleep on the couch) so he could come up to bed and see her sleeping again so peacefully.
I heard a few sqweeks here and there, but she didn't start to cry a little until 7:15 this morning, an almost 4 hour stretch. My little burrito baby!
I feel renewed, refreshed, relaxed and ready to go this morning! For those of you that visited, you remember how she loved being wrapped up tight in her first few weeks,but then hated her arms to be restricted and was always kicking away her blankets. She still kicks off her blankets, you can't even put them on her until she has drifted off to sleep, but she is now accepting of the swaddle me. We swaddled her up two nights ago as well and got a 4 hour stretch from 4am until 8:15am.
I should contact these companies and offer to be a spokes person, they are incredible!
On another note, her very nice and expensive swing is broken already. I put her in it about 10 days ago and she was swinging away, listening to nature sounds when all of a sudden I hear this horrible sound coming from it, like there is a dying bird. Now I'm all for the nature sounds, but I don't think that's what Fisher Price intended.
The music all together stopped, then the mobile stopped working and now the swing doesn't work and no, it's not the batteries. The good news here is that I called Fisher Price and they are sending me an entire new motor, it was actually very easy to do and isn't costing us a thing.

On Wednesday we went to lunch with Lindsay and her caravan...literaly, she arrived with both boys and her nanny, Nanni. Here's a picture of our lunch
and for the story, follow this link to her website. While you are there, read her story titled "When you gotta go, you gotta go" - I love it! PS Lindsay, we love the new haircut! My husband was also not a fan when I cut mine off for locks of love, but it is such an amazing gift! Congrats.

No comments: